Welcome to our Opportunities and Vacancies Page!
In order to carry out its duties in research, training, and treatment in the area of tropical medicine, KCCR offers a number of jobs. You desire to join us? Below are all of our open positions right now.
VACANCY NOTICE – Quality Assurance Officer
JOB LOCATION – Kumasi
The management of the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research into Tropical Medicine (KCCR)
together with the Global Health and Infectious Diseases Research Group at KCCR is looking for a Quality
Purpose of the position
The Quality Assurance (QA) Officer establishes, monitor, and improve continuously the Quality
Management System to ensure compliance of Research staff and procedures with International Regulatory
and Ethical requirements as well as Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCLP)
toward ensuring the safety of study participants and the integrity of biological material and data.
• Develop and maintain GCP/ICH compliant processes which control the quality of work and clinical
researchs conducted by:
– Develop and deliver training programs to enhance awareness of quality requirements and best
practices among clinical research personnel to ensure compliance with regulatory standards
and guidelines where applicable.
– Conduct and assist in internal audits and inspections to identify gaps,assess compliance with
SOPs and applicable regulations.
• Support in the design of all study protocols, standard operating procedures (SOP), study specific
procedures and study forms. Ensure adequate training to team members.
• Participate in the review and installation of technology products and equipment. Ensure appropriate
equipment SOP and training are in place and ensure good maintenance of the equipment.
• Ensure the proper documentation of quality-related activities, including audit findings, corrective and
preventive actions, and risk assessments.
• Prepare and present quality reports and metrics to management, highlighting key findings, trends, and
areas for improvement.
• Perform on-call duties in accordance with the requirements of the research activities.
• Support in reporting (results and analysis) on specific topics for general and scientific dissemination.
The Post holder should have the following:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the Life sciences (i.e., Pharmacy, Biochemistry,
Biological Science, Microbiology, Medical Lab technology, Nursing etc.) or associated functional
• Essential attributes
– Minimum of three years of experience in Quality Assurance of clinical research studies.
– Proficiency in using quality management systems and tools.
– Strong ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
– Clear and systematic thinking demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving competencies.
– Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous approach to quality assurance processes.
– Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments.
– Strong ability to provide high level support in project/program delivery.
– Strong organizational skills to maintain and manage documentation related to quality assurance processes.
– Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure.
– Thorough understanding of local regulatory requirements and international guidelines, such as Good Clinical
Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory practice (GCLP) and ISO where applicable.
• Desired Attributes
– Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Computer literacy
– Experience in clinical trials is an advantage.
Remuneration will be according to KCCR standards. The contract will be for a period of 12 months
(renewable) with the first 3 months as probation.
Expected starting date: October 2023
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should send their applications addressed to The Head of Administration, KCCR,
KNUST, Kumasi with the following documents:
– A motivation letter (700 – 1000 words)
– A detailed CV and contact numbers and/or email addresses of three referees
– Copies of undergraduate certificates
Email them to: email@example.com copy to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29 September 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The management of the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research into Tropical Medicine (KCCR) together with the Filariasis project at KCCR is looking for 2 PhD students. The project, titled “Tackling the Obstacles to Fight Filarial infections and podoconiosis (TAKeOFF-2)” is funded by the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). The project seeks to address the barriers to lymphatic filariasis (LF) and podoconiosis elimination in addition to providing innovative and valuable insights into other disease conditions such as onchocerciasis.
· In consultation with the Principal Investigator, develops and documents research methods and protocols in compliance with funding agency requirements.
· Prepares and manages ethics submissions, amendments, informed consent forms, study guides, case report forms, and any other research-related documents.
· Performs scientific research tasks requiring the application of standard techniques and procedures.
· Undertakes fieldwork activities.
· Ensures the maintenance of all relevant study documents and makes them available for the conduct of all studies and for inspection by appropriate ethics committees and regulatory bodies.
· Assists in writing research papers and reports.
· Designs, performs, and/ or oversees experiments and data collection to ensure data, integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Superiors, including Consortium Director, Principal Investigator(s), Co-Investigators and Project Manager.
The Post holder should have the following: (E = Essential; D = Desirable)
The contract will be for a period of 3 years (renewable)
Expected starting date: 1st November, 2023
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should send their applications as one combined PDF addressed to The Head of Administration, KCCR, KNUST, Kumasi including their CV, a motivation letter, copies of certificates and two reference letters and email them to: email@example.com and copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Closing Date:10th October, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. For further information on the position, please contact Dr. (Mrs.) Linda B. Debrah, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. no.: +233 208174244 or Dr. Jubin Osei-Mensah, Email: email@example.com, Tel. no.: +233 209099572.