As part of the Skills for Excellence In Science Series (SEXISS), The Global Health and Infectious Diseases Research Group at the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KCCR), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in collaboration with the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM) and the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF), Germany, is offering a Continuous Professional Development (CPD)-eligible workshop: “Basic Epidemiology with STATA” (BASES).
BASES 2023 is an intensive workshop which covers the basic concepts in epidemiological study designs, data management and analyses, as well as basic coding using the statistical software package – STATA. The training which will be delivered by faculty from Ghana and Germany is designed to be immersive combining lectures and practical sessions using “real world” datasets.
Note the following information covering the BASES-CPD workshop:
- Dates for BASES workshop: Monday – Thursday, October 09 – 12, 2023 and Saturday October 14, 2023 (bonus)
- Times: 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday; 8:30am – 12:30pm Saturday (for selected participants)
- Venue: IDL Conference Center, near KNUST poolside
- Number of participants: 50 (to allow for optimum hands-on experience and supervision during practical sessions)
- Registration opens: Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Registration closes: Friday, August 31, 2023, 20:00 hrs GMT
- Offer of admission: First-come first-served basis. Final notice of admission on Friday, September 01, 2023
- Acceptance: within 2 days following offer. Final acceptance by Monday, September 04, 2023, 15:00 hrs GMT
- Registration fees: GHS 1,500 (Payable upon admission. Payment instructions will be provided and receipt issued)
To register, click the link below :
Follow The Global Health and Infectious Disease Group on Twitter @ghidkccr_gh