Opportunities & Vacancies
Data Manager (1)
VACANCY NOTICE – Data Manager (1)
JOB LOCATION – Kumasi
The management of the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KCCR) together with the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Research Group at KCCR is looking for a Data Manager.
One of the main goals of the research group is to investigate diseases causing fevers in new-born and young children to provide guidance to reduce the burden of these diseases in Ghana and beyond.
For more information, visit our webpage: https://kccr-ghana.org/research-impact/research-groups-projects/paediatric-fevers/.
The post-holder shall undertake various activities associated with the research group. These activities will be performed either at KCCR, at the study sites in Ghana or outside Ghana. The post-holder is expected to have good organizational and communication skills. He/she should be willing to work efficiently within a multidisciplinary international team to perform all activities in a timely fashion. The post-holder will work closely with clinical research staff, investigators, and external partners, and must maintain a professional demeanour and work collaboratively with others.
He/she is accountable in the first instance to the Local PI, Co-PI, and Project coordinator(s). He/She should always maintain a good relationship with external partners by communicating in a professional and courteous manner.
The post-holder will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of data management within the research group. This includes planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining databases, as well as ensuring that all data collected is accurate, complete, and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The post-holder should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (i.e.: Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Health Informatics, Social Science)
- At least 2-3 years experience in data management for clinical research studies.
- Proficiency in data analysis software
- Experience with electronic data capture systems and clinical trial databases, (e.g.REDCap).
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in clinical trials is an advantage.
Remuneration will be according to KCCR standards. The contract will be for a period of 12 months (renewable) with the first 3 months as probation.
Expected starting date: May 2023
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should send their applications addressed to The Head of Administration, KCCR, KNUST, Kumasi with the following documents:
– A motivation letter (700 – 1000 words)
– A detailed CV and contact numbers and/or email addresses of three referees
– Two Recommendation Letters
– Copies of undergraduate certificates
Email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy them to email@example.com
Closing Date: April 28, 2023, 17;00 GMT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The management of the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KCCR) together with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical, London, United Kingdom is seeking to recruit a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed individual to be employed as a Research Assistant (Health Economics) on the SHARP project. The project is funded by National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) and Innovation for Global Health and seeks to investigate severe stigmatising skin diseases including evaluation of the effect of High Dose Rifampicin and Dialkylcarbamoyl chloride (DACC)-coated dressings on outcomes in Mycobacterium ulcerans disease.
Roles and responsibilities
- To support the team of researchers in the execution of the SHARP project by undertaking assigned tasks in accordance with the project’s protocol, making use of standard research techniques and methods.
- Engage in fieldwork, computer-based data analysis and library research as directed by the PI and Coordinator.
- Data collection and interviews
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Literature review
- Report writing
The Post holder should have the following:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in economics, health economics or related fields. Candidates with degrees in other social science (e.g., Sociology, Social Work etc.) fields will be considered. Candidates currently enrolled in a master’s programme can also apply.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (Ability to read and write Twi/Ga will be added advantage)
- Qualitative research skills (experience in field work/data collection)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adjust to different working conditions
- Must be a team player and have good interpersonal working relationship
- Ability to work for longer hours
- The preferred candidate should be resident in Kumasi over the project period
Mode of application
Interested persons should send their applications addressed to The Head of Administration, KCCR, KNUST, Kumasi including their CV, a motivation letter, copies of certificates and two reference letters and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Closing Date: 9th June, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. For further information on the position, please contact Dr. Yaw Amoako (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Jacob Novignon (email@example.com) or Adelaide Fokuoh (firstname.lastname@example.org).