Making KCCR an independent interdisciplinary research centre of conceptual and technological excellence in biomedicine, agriculture and ecology. By providing a state-of-the-art technological platform and intellectual nucleus based on international scientific collaboration, in the process, attract the most talented and innovative KNUST scientists who carry innovative concepts and technologies back to their departments, faculties and beyond.
To develop, promote, provide and apply study Designs and Molecular Tools for the advancement of biomedical, agricultural and ecological sciences and sustain a vibrant research environment capable of attracting quality research projects and turning out the next generation of researchers to meet the current and the future health needs of Ghanaians and the international community.
- To act as an international platform for biomedical research, based on close collaborations with scientist from national and international institutions.
- To conduct basic and applied research in tropical and related diseases.
- To build a cohort of young and energetic scientists to help control the health problems of Africa
- To address scientific topics in medical epidemiology and health implementation on subjects of regional importance
- To contribute to the development of human and technical resources through teaching, postgraduate training, scientific collaboration and maintaining research facilities.